Monday, January 13, 2014

Well, HELLO 2014!

Happy New Year!

A lot has happened in the past few months, so let me fill you in.  And I won't wait so long next time.

I started dating again.  

But that's not exactly what happened.  

My friend V was approached on Ye Olde OKC by the Darling M.  But V, selfless as she is, said Darling M should check out the profile of one Big Dyke Mama.  Funny thing that Darling M and I had been checking out each others' profiles for years and had never done anything about it.  Huh!

So the Darling M (let's just shorten that up to DM) and I went on a date, then another, then another, then another.  And then we were girlfriends.  And then the L-bomb was dropped.

And there was much rejoicing in all the land!

DM is smart and funny and weird and sweet.  And HAWT.  And she wants kids as much as I do.  SCORE.

So, while we've been growing our relationship, we've also been talking about paths toward motherhood.  I could go into detail here, but I won't; it could fill whole other blog posts.

Anyway, one thing we are both interested in is adopting out of Foster Care.  We attended an Adoption Information Fair put on by Adoption Mosaic in November, which cemented things for us.  Tomorrow we attend an Adoption Orientation through Boys & Girls Aid.

The timing feels good.  Last week was the one-year anniversary of losing Homer.  It was an awful day, but things continue to look brighter.  Onward, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment