Sunday, February 7, 2016

Lucky Sevens

This morning I realized that today is our 7-month wedding anniversary!  Seven is DW's lucky number, so we got married on July 7 (7/7).  Still love that spouse of mine!  She bought me four bouquets of flowers this week, so I'm pretty sure she still loves me, too.  :)

We've got another kiddo this week: another girl!  DW said something at one of the foster meetings recently that we'd had a lot of boys, and while boys are great, she has a really good connection with the girls.  "Oh!"  one of the staff said.  "Let's see if we can get you some girls!"  And so here we are at kid 14, a girl, our second one in a row!

Fourteenth Kid?  Rad.  She's really easy-going and funny.  We've been making jokes with each other, which makes me happier than I can express.  I got to meet her mom for a few minutes and Mom commented how well we got along cos we're similarly silly.  We had a lazy Saturday, mostly in our pajamas and binge-watching Netflix.  We might go out for a while today... it's supposed to get up to 60° this afternoon!

Sixty degrees in February, with a fantastic silly kiddo?  We really are lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment