Thursday, November 9, 2017

Shit.

I recognize it's only like 3:00 in the afternoon, but today has been a giant struggle.  For me, for my DW, and for my DD.

DW and I fought over text this morning, which is pretty unusual.  We took some space from the conversation and came back appreciative.  Good for us, but, shit.  Mornings are hard.

DD took a mental health day.  I'm sure someone will have something to say about that, cos that's what they do, cluck their tongues, but don't actually offer anything that helps.  DD's therapist was sick this week, so she missed that opportunity, but took matters in her own hands to work on some shit today.  Good for her, but, shit.  Being a person is hard.

We had a "Diversity and Inclusion" meeting at work today, to talk about how my team and my company is doing in terms of, go figure, Diversity and Inclusion.  These are topics near and dear to my heart, but, shit.  Today was not the day I wanted to pose arguments to my coworkers about why women & minorities are still under-represented and need space at the table.  Sure, maybe things are better than they were 30 years ago, white male coworker sir, but that doesn't mean they're good.

I'm home from work early to deal with more professionals in my home, which in foster care, we have a constant stream of.  Par for the course, but, shit.  I kind of want some some time where I don't have to be "on" today.

Since I'm home early, I'm also spending some time on the Facebook.  Looking at memories.  And the one that keeps popping up is a year ago, the day after Election Day, when we woke up and the news was true that we were going to have to spend a good long time fighting (again) for rights we thought we secured in the last decade, if not actual generations ago.  Shit.  Anniversaries are hard.  I think my body remembers being this angry.  I had a vague idea of how bad things would get, but I really had no idea how bad things would get.  Fuck that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment