Thursday, January 3, 2013

Way to Grow!

This week a tiny Homer and an increasingly-round Mama are in the tropical paradise of Kauai on a family vacation.  Oma and Opa will be celebrating their 40th anniversary around the time that Homer is due, so we are all (along with sister, brother-in-law, and 2-1/2 year-old niece) together a little earlier in the year when it's easier for everyone to get away.

I have been quite angry at pants these days, I may have told you already.  I bought my first pair of maternity jeans right before Christmas and I LOVE THEM.  They made me feel so good that I decided to divert some of my grocery budget over to getting a few more staples of maternity-wear.  If I feel good, then I feel good.  Just the way it goes.

So, yes, my waist is getting thicker.  It depends on who you talk to as to whether I'm "showing" or not, because I had a nice, round belly to begin with.  I hadn't gained any weight by the time I left for Kauai on 12/28, but we'll see what things look like once I return.  I've been eating like a kalua pig on this trip.  Considering that two weeks ago, Aunt J lent me the comfiest pair of shorts ever and today they, too, were making me angry, I'm beginning to think we are in a growth spurt.  Also of note is that I could still, for short periods of time, lay on my belly earlier on this trip, and today I couldn't even let my belly hit the bed as I flopped over to the other side without severe discomfort.

So, way to grow, Little Homer!

We did some sight-seeing this morning, and then had fish tacos and ice cream for lunch.  I will likely spend large chunks of the afternoon, with my feet up, reading on the lanai, or perhaps knitting another pair of baby socks.  Regardless, I am having a lovely time with my family doting on me and my baby belly.  Happy New Year and Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment