Tuesday, November 6, 2012

And Now We Enter the Weepy Portion....

Maybe it's because it's Election Night and I really want to make sure that Little Homer gets a start under Obama.  Maybe the tension of it all is getting to me.

Or maybe it's just really is that portion of the pregnancy where every. goddamn. thing. is going to make me cry.

I'm also in quite a bit of pain.  Yesterday I had trouble sitting still because, well, sitting hurts.  Walking feels great.  Laying on my back with my knees up feels great (how long's that gonna last?).  Everything else feels like dung.

Went to urgent care this morning, because radiating back/hip pain was making my knees go numb.  That doesn't sound like a good thing.  I figured it was related to pregnancy, and I was right.  I get six weeks of physical therapy because the Relaxin hormone kicked in early and it's loosening up my core too much and my core can't hold itself together.  Pool therapy once a week, and office therapy once a week.  Also should look into getting a pregnancy support belt (really?  Homer is the size of a lentil and I already need the support belt?) and getting a yoga ball.  And they had me take today off work.

In food news, I've discovered that smoothies go down well.  Homer's Oma and Opa bought me a blender, and I bought myself some soy protein powder and frozen fruit.  Don't judge me if I end up having two smoothies a day, alright?

Going to continue watching election results come in while drinking a smoothie, knitting, with my knees up.  Happy voting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment