Saturday, November 17, 2012

Introducing Little Shrimpy Shrimp Homer

Monday's OB appointment went really well!  Auntie Z came with me as my support person, and she and Dr. T had a good laugh about the ultrasound wand and how it should come with different buzzy attachments.  Dr. T said, "Well, we wouldn't be able to get a very good picture if she's squirming around too much!"

So here's my pic of a tiny Homer.  Homer doesn't look much like a blueberry; looks more like a shrimp.  So Homer's been my "Shrimpy Shrimp" or my "Little Fishy" this week.  I got to see a fast, fluttery little heartbeat, which was really my main goal for the day.  

While my LMP dated my pregnancy at 8w3d, and knowing my conception date put it closer to 7w3d, when they ran all the measurements it averaged out at 6w5d.  But the truth is, because we weren't yet at 8 weeks, it's really too small to get a good handle on the dating just yet.  So we go back December 10 for another ultrasound and some better dates.

In the meantime, my due date is July 4.  Auntie V is due April 15, so we find ourselves feeling quite patriotic with a Tax-Day baby and an Independence-Day baby!

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I see ultrasound pics, I always start singing to myself:

    "I want a doctor
    to take your picture,
    So I can look at you from inside as well.."

    ReplyDelete