Saturday, November 3, 2012

In Which a Fattie Complains About Food

I'm a fattie.  I get it.  This is not a fact that has escaped me, like, ever.

But just because I'm a fattie, it does not mean that I am food-focused, that I eat all the time, or that I eat unhealthy foods all the time.  This is just the way my body is.

Now that I'm pregnant, it has become even more apparent, to me, how actually very little I eat, and how amazingly un-food-focused I am.  I thought all the extra calories/eating for two stuff didn't happen till much later in the pregnancy.   Nope.

No longer can I get away with just having cheese and crackers or a bowl of cereal for a meal.  No longer can I get away with not eating till 3pm on a Saturday.  No longer can I get away with just having a protein bar for breakfast.  No longer can I get away with ordering the small bento box over the large.  Because of long-term health issues, I used to have to stop eating at 8pm, otherwise I'd be sick in the morning.  Now, not only do I have to eat 6-7 times a day, it's also better if I eat one of those times after 8pm!

I have to have a real, protein-laden breakfast around 6-7am (and maybe even a snack before that), another breakfast-y snack about 9:30, big lunch around 11-11:30, another small meal around 2:30, dinner between 5-6:30, a snack around 7:30, and maybe another snack between 8-9pm.  Don't even get me started on how much water and orange juice I'm consuming.

I woke up this morning around 2am, hungry.  I ignored it, to my peril, and went back to bed!  Nausea this morning was cured by delicious cottage cheese pancakes with apple-ginger compote.  But it returned soonly.  Cheese and crackers, cereal, orange juice, seltzer, dried apples, all my snacks are not cutting it.  I need, like, a real meal.  And I just don't have the energy to clean the kitchen and cook it right now!  So, because I let myself get hungry (at 2am!!!) I now have nausea that I can't quite get on top of.  Lesson learned, little Homer.

I may have to take us out for a late lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment