Monday, October 22, 2012

Auntie Z's House

Okay, even though I wanted nothing more than to go straight home after work and go straight to bed tonight, Z convinced me to follow her home with tales of green chile enchiladas (with sour cream, naturally) and a chance to paw through her Goodwill bags before she drops them off.

See, Z lost like 50 gazillion pounds this year after being diagnosed with Diabetes and therefore eating fewer sweets and more vegetables.  Her old clothes don't fit like they once did.  I, too, recently lost some weight (albeit not quite so much), and so I have a little bit of "growing" room in some of my clothes to get me through for awhile, but Auntie Z's treasure-trove of plus-size lovelies was just... so... lovely.

While she slaved away in the kitchen, I put on a fashion show.  For emphasis on how well -- and how long -- these clothes would fit me, I modeled with pillows under my shirt.  Some of the tops are so comfy and loose-fitting that I wouldn't be surprised if they carry me to the end of June!

She sent me home with eight tops, three pairs of pants, two dresses, a skirt and a slip.  And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.  Whereas these goodies were just bound for the Goodwill, I betcha Auntie Z saved me several hundred dollars in in-between clothing.  And so cute!!

Something else Z did for me tonight was introduce Little Homer (or Poppyseed, or Cinnamon Pizza Roll, or McNugget) to our first pregnancy taste aversions.  YES!!!

First taste aversion: Brussels Sprouts.  I love them in real life, but today, NO WAY.
Second taste aversion: Turkey.  It was in the enchiladas.  I ate it, but I secretly wished they were vegetarian enchiladas.  And I drowned them in sour cream.
Third taste aversion: Cheesecake-Flavored Pudding.  I couldn't even stand the smell of it.  In real life, I think it's delicious.  Even if it doesn't really taste like cheesecake.

Now it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime and so I'll say Goodnight.

GOODNIGHT!


No comments:

Post a Comment