Thursday, October 25, 2012

It COULD Be a Good Day...


I woke up this morning feeling awesome.  Like, no nausea, no cramps, good energy... a great set up to have a great day.

I ate a protein bar on my drive into work, and started feeling a little iffy.  Maybe it was just a bad ratio of sugar and protein, I told myself.  I started my workday, ate some cottage cheese and crackers, drank some tea, ran some analyses, talked with my engineer... regular stuff.

Some of my office people left for the day, something going on in the Capital City.  I started to feel extra, extra tired and achey.  I started to feel feverish.  My sniffles and sneezes were getting out of control, my throat was getting sore.

At first I thought it was just a more intensely-symptomed pregnancy day, but it appears as though I have the Flu.  I got my flu shot 10 days ago... and it takes two weeks to gain effectiveness.  But I'll be doubley-protected for the season now.

So I celebrate six weeks today by going home with the Flu!  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment